Tomorrow Saturday 11th of January is Children’s Day in Thailand. Children’s day is celebrated annually in honor of children all over the world. The actual day for this celebration varies by country. In Thailand National Children’s Day “Wan Dek” in Thai, is celebrated on the second Saturday of January every year.
The prime minister of Thailand K. Prayut Chan-o-cha commemorates the day by giving each Children’s Day a theme and a slogan.
The Slogan for Children’s Day 2020 is,
“Modern-Day Children to Pursue Solidarity and Be Aware of Civic Duties.”
A great way to celebrate Children’s Day is by taking children out to have fun. So many places in Bangkok are doing special events to honor the day and for families to come and celebrate their children. We are sharing with you some of these events here.
Have a very Happy Children’s day.
1. KIDS GO GREEN By Kiddeepass x Patom
2. KIDS CARNIVAL 2020 @The Crystal (Ekamai – Ramindra)
3. JUNGLE JOURNEY @ K village
4. THE FOREST RANGER @ Forest Learning Center in the city By the Institute of Plantation and Ecology, PTT.
5. International Book Exhibition @ Playville
6. CHILDREN’S DAY @ Vachirabenjatas Park (Rot Fai Park)
7. FAMILY POTTERY CLASS
If you want to avoid the crowd this can be a great idea. Have a family pottery lesson and spend the day being creative with your kids. There are many places offering group pottery lessons in Bangkok
- Palm Pottery, Phaya Thai —https://www.palmpotterystudio.com/
- Poteri Clay Workshop, Watthana — https://www.facebook.com/potericlayworkshop/
- PCHA Ceramic, Ekamai — https://www.facebook.com/pchaceramic/
Keep in contact with us by following our FB page EXPAT LIFE in THAILAND