Bangkok, also known as Krung Thep or the City of Angels, offers a dizzying selection of rooftop bars. One is simply spoiled for choice as each rooftop boasts its own unique style, experience, and highlights. While it’s easy to stay grounded in daily life, once you step into the sky, you may wonder why you didn’t come up sooner. The sparkling lights. The whispering breeze. The glittering skyline. Oh, that view! Life becomes different where your world is starlight.
In Bangkok you need not be a mere earthbound mortal. Whether you seek a bohemian rooftop for happy hour, an awe-inspiring sky bar to dazzle your date, or a chilled out high-rise terrace to simply escape, Bangkok invites you to soar with its angels. Wings are not required.
- Vertigo & Moon Bar (www.banyantree.com) – This is the original, iconic, award-winning rooftop that began Bangkok’s sky bar craze. Vertigo & Moon Bar continue to top international ‘Best Bar” lists thanks to sophisticated design and heart-stopping views. Take the elevators up, up, up to the 61st floor then walk two sets of stairs to heaven. A newly renovated rooftop offers upgraded amenities such as an illuminated cocktail bar, re-developed menu, transformed layout, and a hanging glass platform called the Moon Walk. Moon Bar is located alongside fine-dining restaurant, Vertigo, where 360 degree views create one exquisite evening.
The Vibe: Stunning views. Standout service. Stellar spot. Meet Bangkok’s first sky bar. It is also one of its highest. For such a high-flying place with all the panache of a glam venue, the vibe is refreshingly down-to-earth. You rarely wait for staff to acknowledge you for a table, drink, or nibbler. Guests are greeted like friends by a hospitality team that excels in creating memorable moments.
The Drink – Vertigo & Moon Bar procure quality craft cocktails to further elevate you into Bangkok’s brilliant nights. Try the aptly named #pictureperfect for a smooth blend of Bulliet bourbon, Chambord, sweet Vermouth, watermelon, vanilla, lime, and lychee foam. Off the booze? The Horizon delivers a refreshing mocktail of Thai flavours including passion fruit, kaffir lime, butterfly pea, and pandan.
The Crowd – Welcome to the party! People are here to have fun. They truly appreciate the views and ambiance. You can expect honeymooners, couples, business diners, visitors, and celebratory groups.
The Tip: Banyan Tree offers several skyline venues to keep you soaring. Saffron, Bangkok’s highest outdoor sky garden located on the 51st and 52nd floors, invites you to relax on daybeds while dining on modern Thai Street Food. Signature dishes include Yum Pla Salmon (Seared Tasmanian Salmon, Coriander-Mint Salad, Crisp Pork Crackling, & Spicy Citrus Dressing) and the Yum Hua Plee (Spicy Banana Blossom Salad). For a warming crab curry, order Gaeng Kati Pu Gub Bai Cha Plu.
The Perks – If it rains on your parade, then head to sleek Vertigo Too on the 60th floor. The ambient lighting mimics a starry night while oversized windows dramatically frame the city. Cocktails are available from the drink trolley as quality live music ensures that rainy season won’t slow you down.
- Above Eleven (www.aboveeleven.com/bangkok/) This energetic rooftop bar provides a lush perch above bustling Soi 11. Follow the hedge maze to where sculpture trees punctuate an urban park design inspired by New York City’s Central Park. Kick back on the oversized lounges as a sublime skyline becomes your backdrop. The menu features Peruvian Japanese dishes where sushi, ceviche, seafood, and Latin accents embody the fusion flavors of Nikkei Cuisine. The cosmopolitan views deliver the required wow-factor and a buzzy atmosphere hits like tequila to the senses. The night is yours.
The Vibe: Young at Any Age. Perhaps it’s the energy pulsating from boisterous Soi 11, but this rooftop bar above Fraser Suites ignites a vibrantly youthful feel. It’s hip, happening, and hot. Above Eleven always has a crowd, so reserve your table ahead. Oh, and be sure to check the bathroom views.
The Drink: Pisco Sours, of course! Personalise your Pisco sour or Chilcano cocktail with one of their house-made Pisco Flavors (orange & cinnamon, aji amarillo, or lemon and lime) A full bar menu also features classic cocktails, mocktails, and Peruvian Japanese drinks.
The Crowd: Nightlife Lovers. Dates. Partying Expats. Girls’ Night Out. Upbeat Groups. Visitors.
The Tip: Above Eleven is a cool place to pre-party. The tapas style-menu is perfect for sharing. Healthy eaters will like the fresh options while hearty appetites will appreciate empanadas and grilled dishes.
The Perks: The location makes it convenient to meet friends before hitting lively Soi 11. Groove to nightly beats ranging from steamy salsa, local DJs, live jazz, and deep house.
- Wallflowers Upstairs (Facebook: wallflowerscafe.th) Tucked between street murals and graffiti art in Chinatown’s Soi Nana, is One Day Wallflower’s rustic wonderland. Climb the winding, wooden staircase past plant-lined walls, gardening bric-a-brac, colourful bottles, and magic. Glass doors open onto a romantic rooftop full of eclectic seating and fairy lights. This rooftop bar oozes character with charming views of Bangkok’s Old Town. Sunday nights jam with a jazz band and cool crowd.
The Vibe: Secret Garden in Bohemian Chinatown. This historic shophouse serves as a flower shop, café, and cocktail bar. During the day, enjoy coffee and cake within the eclectic rooms, but at night this creative enclave turns ‘lounge-y’ with flickering candles, live music, and greenhouse-inspired rooftop bar.
The Drink: If the Garden of Eden had cocktails, they would serve these flower and herb concoctions. The Rosy Straight Blush is a refreshing blend of Vodka, Aperol, watermelon, passion fruit, yuzu, and vanilla. The Eden features an ethereal mix of Hendrick’s Gin, Aperol, elderflower, lychee, and lemon.
The Crowd: The Mad Hatter doesn’t live here, but artsy characters abound. Hipsters. Creatives. Insiders. Instagrammers. Well-researched tourists. The laid-back lounge crowd.
The Tip: Your out-of-town guests will appreciate this heritage property’s quirky cool atmosphere. You might hear, “This is Bangkok?” Why, yes, it is! Add it to your Bangkok To Do List, just don’t tell everyone.
The Perks: Location and personality. No need to run around town for a proper night out. Many hotspots are located here. Your night can go something like this: Wallflowers Upstairs for sunset. Ba Hao for dinner. Tep Bar for music. Asia Today for a nightcap. Want more? Head to Yaowarat Road for street food.
- Spectrum Lounge & Bar (www.Hyatt.com) If upon exiting the elevators onto the 29th floor of the new Hyatt Regency Bangkok Hotel, you felt as if you were stepping into at exclusive party within your very own modern-luxe penthouse, then you would be in the right place. Welcome to the Spectrum Lounge. Make yourself at home. The design was inspired by a jet-setting couple’s Thai home where entertaining guests takes centre stage. The Spectrum Lounge & Bar elegantly extends over three levels with nooks that invite you to be in the middle of the scene or to simply retreat and observe it.
The Vibe – Sleek, Chic, & Comfortable. The Spectrum Lounge’s multi-level layout provides various opportunities to create your perfect night. The 29th floor indoor lounge embodies a posh living room with artistic décor and show-stopping skyline. Enjoy dinner and drinks at the piano bar or outside on the landscaped veranda. Afterwards, head upstairs to the 30th floor rooftop to sip and snack to international DJs in cabana-style seating. Million-dollar views await. Treat your table to a heaping platter of bruschetta or Wagyu beef rolls which are grilled over charcoal and served with betel leaf & peanut dip.
The Drink – You’ll drink in style with delicious libations like The Golden Zen which pairs Umeshu, Ketel One, Falernum (spiced ginger & almond notes), lime and foamy egg whites. Rolling deep? Order the Mango Collins Party which serves 2-4 people with Tanqueray, mango puree, lemon, and soda water.
The Crowd – Chic locals. Savvy expats. Date night. Birthdays. Business dinners. High class social events.
The Tips: Check-in. Stay awhile. The Hyatt Regency Bangkok offers incredible amenities for a staycation. You can expect stylish rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, garden infinity pool, world-class dining (the Champagne Sunday Brunch is a kicker!), and a skywalk directly to Nana BTS station. Upgrade to the Regency Club Rooms for high-level views and first-class extras such as premium happy hours.
The Perks – Want to throw a party? The sky is the limit. The 31st floor’s rooftop bar is a stunning spot to host 50 – 75 of your favourite people with your own private bar, elevator, and VIP level all to yourself.
- Cactus (www.facebook.com/CactusBangkok) This low-rise rooftop brings California’s sexy, laidback lifestyle to Bangkok. Hang out in the indoor retro-hip bar area then head outside to kick back amongst firepits and breezy treetops. West Coast vibes are filtered through buttery lighting, warm contemporary design, and a healthy encouragement to get funky. Cactus hosts some pretty cool parties so stay in the loop and let the good times roll.
The Vibe: Get Stoked. California Dreaming. Just like that hottie you might meet in Southern California, Cactus Bar is easy-going, intimate, and sexy. Sleek lines and warm woods mix with leafy landscaping. Of course, there cactuses everywhere. The mid-century modern décor transports you to drinks in a swanky Santa Monica bungalow or perhaps a Palm Springs hideaway. A giant glass wall blends the indoor and outdoor spaces so you can connect with nature even when relaxing in the aircon.
The Drink: Proper craft cocktails are designed by famed mixologist Joseph Boroski. As their hilarious social media posts share: “Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.” That refers to the boozy Mr. Wonka comprised of Southern Comfort, Campari, Dolin Dry, Bénédictine and chocolate bitters. Another winner is the Pop Art which is captioned: “Stop whining about your problems on Facebook, and drink like everyone else.” Haha! In addition to a wicked sense-of-humour, The Pop Art features Havana 3 Year Rum, Plantation Over Proof, fresh pineapple, corn, and chilli. Sarcasm encouraged.
The Crowd: Free spirits. The Sathorn crowd. Coachella afterparty. Post-work drinks. The good time gang.
The Tips: Check out Cactus’ Facebook page for special events such as supa stylin’ DJ appearances, creative restaurant collaborations (Funky Lam, Aesop’s, & more), family BBQs, and themed parties like their psychedelic 60’s Woodstock party. Groovy man.
The Perks: It doesn’t matter that Cactus doesn’t have a kitchen. You can order snacks like charcuterie boards from downstairs Cagette Deli or get northern Thai food delivered from nearby Eats Payao.
- Brewski (www.radissonblu.com) Who says rooftop bars are all about fancy cocktails and Champagne? Come raise a cheeky pint at Brewski. These guys serve an international selection of beers alongside a seriously special cityscape. Brewski occupies the Radisson Blu’s 29th and 30th floors making it the highest duplex rooftop craft beer bar in Thailand. You can kick back solo or with a group. It’s laidback atmosphere and big city views create the ultimate beer bar experience. We’ll say cheers to that!
The Vibe: Casual Chillax. It’s always beer o’clock at Brewski. The stylish rooftop is fitted with warm wood tones and industrial accents like plumbing pipe fixtures as décor. Come hang out, watch sports on big screens, and chow down on bar bites which feature riffs on American, Indian, and Thai flavours. Unlike other rooftop bars, Brewski doesn’t enforce a strict dress code, but leave your flip flops at home.
The Drink: Brewski serves 100% craft brews and ciders with over eighteen of them on tap. A full bar cranks out cocktails with an attention to details such as freshly squeezed juice.
The Crowd: Beer lovers. Backpackers. Regulars. Solo dudes. Sports fans. Expats. Bar hoppers.
The Tips: Can’t decide what to try? Opt for a beer tasting flight (4 x 100ml glasses for 300B) to taste your way towards your favourite brew. Beer Buffet, anyone? You heard right. This daily special offers all-you-can-drink local tap beer for only 399B per person daily from 7pm-10pm.
The Perks: Since beers and sports go together like sunsets and happy hour, sports lovers can watch full coverage of international sporting events on multiple screens.
- Yào Rooftop Bar (www.yaobangkok.com) This Shanghainese-inspired, sky-high dining destination and lounge overlooks Silom-Sathorn offering dazzling 360 degree views. Arrive at Yào Restaurant then take the minimalist elevator up to the 33rd floor where a rooftop terrace extends over two levels. Panoramic views showcase everything from the meandering riverside to the sparkling metropolis. Sip Oriental-influenced cocktails and nibble upon dim sum while gazing at an ombre sunset.
The Vibe: Shanghai Chic. Yào Rooftop Bar invokes a modern Chinese style that invites guests to luxuriate in Shanghaiesque opulence. Glowing lanterns, garden accents, and inviting lounges set the scene. Its tip top location crowing the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Surawongse lets you float within the sky.
The Crowd: Celebratory groups. Sunset chasers. Couples. Executives. Visitors. Pre/post dinner drinks.
The Drink: Chinese-inspired cocktails are their specialty. For example, the green Sweet Little Jade blends Midori, lime, kiwi, vodka, and Prosecco. Another option is the Chinese Highball where mango-infused bourbon is mixed with green tea, honey, and soda water.
The Tips: Yao Rooftop Bar is a wonderful spot to come for a pre/post refreshments when attending an evening concert at the historic Neilson Hays Library or party at the British Club.
The Perks: Make a night of it. Pair drinks at Yào Rooftop Bar with a gourmet Cantonese dinner at Yào Restaurant where the views continue into the dining room. Chef Bruce Hui showcases Shanghainese cuisine alongside Cantonese delicacies. Splurge on the lychee wood roasted Peking Duck which is served with creative accoutrements like melon, Caviar, and even lychee butterfly pea jam. Order some hand-pulled noodles to watch noodle master Wang Wen Bin in action.
- Scarlett Wine Bar & Restaurant (www.pullmanbangkokhotelg.com) Scarlett is the place to indulge. This dapper wine bistro sits 37 floors above Silom on top of the Pullman Hotel G. It offers trendy yet intimate ambiance where you can dine on quality French cuisine with outstanding riverside views. The helpful staff provide top notch service, so you are pampered with privacy. The rooftop terrace is a sweet spot for romantic dinners or classy, comfortable gatherings.
The Vibe: Wine & Dine in the Sky. Scarlett is the type of place that impresses you while also making you feel at home. Sit outside for the full experience. Warm wood tones and cascading greenery frame the city from a tastefully designed terrace. Seating options include lounge sofas, swish leather seats, communal tables, or bar stools perfect for taking in the primetime skyline.
The Crowd: Foodies. Carnivores. Fun group dinners. Date nights. Tourists with swagger. Wine lovers.
The Drink: Scarlett specialises in wine, which you’ll notice upon entering through the glass hallway which doubles as a wine cellar. It also has one of Bangkok’s best wine lists with options for every budget.
The Tips: Reserve a table on the terrace to enjoy weekend fireworks over the Chao Phraya River. Come for a long, lazy dinner with friends, business associates, or loved ones.
The Perks: Leave the diet at the door. Scarlett’s excellent menu features a wide selection of imported cheese and charcuterie to match the robust wine list. Get your steak fix with premium cuts of Japanese Kobe, Australian Wagyu, Kurobuta pork, and organic lamb chops which are chargrilled to perfection. Dishes such as lobster salad, duck confit, and decadent French desserts make Scarlett a foodie dream.
- The Speakeasy (www.hotelmusebangkok.com) Just as the name implies, this atmospheric rooftop bar is tucked within Hotel Muse’s lavish boutique property. Personality abounds. Old World charm mingles with sumptuous Asian flair. The 1920’s comes alive in glitz and glamour at this sky bar inspired by the hidden speakeasies of America’s Prohibition Era. On the 24th and 25th floors, you can wander through opulent areas which include a grand terrace, cigar lounge, and hidden rooftop bar where distinguished domes overlook Bangkok’s metropolis.
The Vibe: Breezy Speakeasy. Golden Age Glam. When you enter Hotel Muse, you get the feeling that anything is possible. The cinematic surroundings were inspired by the era of King Rama V with deep mahogany tones, luxe details, and vintage décor. Step back in time while remaining fabulously modern.
The Crowd: Post work drinks. Date night. Time travellers. Fun groups. Cigar lovers. Visitors.
The Drink: You won’t find any bathtub gin here. Instead, a carefully curated menu of classic cocktails (think Aviation and Mint Julep) mingle with contemporary tipples like the Bacon Old Fashioned.
The Tips: Gin enthusiasts can explore botanical infusions with the Create Your Own Gin & Tonic menu. Choose from eighteen innovative options such as The Cutlass which highlights coriander and white pepper notes or Rogue Society’s lavender and orange blossom profile.
The Perks: Pair your cocktail with a fine Cuban cigar at the Blind Pig. Just remember that some things are hidden within plain site. On the 24th floor, find the door with the pig wearing an eye patch. Pull back the drapes to reveal this elusive cigar bar where you can sip and smoke in an atmosphere of pure decadence. Be sure to check their selection of blended and single malt Scotch, Bourbon, and Cognac.
- Siwilai City Club – (www.siwilaibkk.com) You don’t need to be a member to get into Siwilai City Club. This lifestyle space describes itself as a ‘A Thai social club for everyone’ and invites city dwellers to enjoy its scenic, sprawling ‘Beach in the Sky’. It is comprised of seven areas which include an outdoor lounge complete with wooden stage for international musicians to perform against a snazzy skyline. Siwilai City Club overlooks the Sukhumvit corridor where you’ll get a bird’s eye view of designer skyscrapers, zooming BTS, and Sukhumvit’s twinkling strip.
The Vibe: Urban Beach Escape. The beach came to Bangkok thanks to Siwalai City Club’s seashore décor. You can’t help but feel relaxed. Coastal colours are highlighted in oceanic indigos, frothy whites, and seaside sand tones. Swing in hammocks or recline on daybeds overlooking loenchit’s business district. It feels like you could be in Greece or Miami, but the style is completely Thai creating a relaxing respite for Bangkok’s social set.
The Crowd: Post work drinks. Urbanites. Instagrammers. The cool kids. Local yuppies. Happy hours.
The Drink: Life’s too short to drink boring cocktails. The SIWILAI’s Twist cocktails offer creative takes on classic drinks. The Mezcal Margarita features Mezcal, maraschino liqueur, and lime juice. For another twist, try the New Era’s sweet, strong gin martini with strawberry hints.
The Tips: It’s easy to drop by for a post-work happy hour or pre-movie drink since Siwalai City Club is conveniently located within Central Embassy’s luxury mall right at Ploenchit BTS.
The Perks: Check their schedule for various lifestyle activities such as movie screenings, art exhibits, chef pop-ups, and popular musical acts. These guys know how to throw a party.