Advanced Thai Creative Writing Workshop at the Neilson Hays Library on March 20, 2019.
Neilson Hays Library and the US Embassy are organizing a one-day creative writing workshop on March 20 featuring notable Thai authors who will share tips of their craft and exchange ideas with emerging Thai writers to help them develop their writing.
The workshop is organized with the support of the US Embassy and we hope that it will encourage Thai writers to consider application for the International Writing Program at the University of Iowa. Participants are Thai writers who have at least one published work in print in Thai and/or English language, as well as Thai-English literature translators.
The workshop will be conducted in Thai and will be free to attend (lunch and coffee break included).
10.00 – 12.00: Panel discussion on fiction writing and the International Writing Program at the University of Iowa
12:00 – 13.00: Lunch
13:00 – 15.00: Writing workshops (2 groups of 12 participants each)
15:00 – 15:20: Coffee break
15:20 – 17:30: Writing workshops (the same 2 groups continue)
17.30: End of workshop
- Khun Uthis Haemamoon
- Khun Veeraporn Nittiprapha
- Khun Wipas Srithong, alumnus of International Writing Program at the University of Iowa
Interested writers are invited to submit an application that includes:
- A sample of published writing (notonline) in Thai and/or in English.
- A cover letter that includes the following information:
- Statement of motivation and bio (500 words)
- Date of Birth
- Contact details: email address and telephone numbers
- English Proficiency (Native, fluent, intermediate, and beginner)
The application should be sent to [email protected] by March 12, 2019, with the subject: Application for Advanced Writing Workshop March 20.
24 spaces are available, and your seat will be confirmed by Marc