The Requiem for the King Rama IX will be one of the most significant concerts to honor HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej , the heart and soul of the nation of Thailand and the Thai people. This grand concert will feature music from several requiem music compositions, performed by the Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra, with support from the College of Music, Mahidol University together with 5 Christian Organizations in Thailand including The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Thailand, The Church of Christ in Thailand, The Evangelical Fellowship of Thailand, Thailand Baptist Convention and Seventh-day Adventist Church of Thailand.
- 30 September 2017 / 4.00 p.m. / PMH
- 1 October 2017 / 4.00 p.m. / PMH
Conductor: Alfonso Scarano
- Sassaya Chavalit (Soprano)
- Martina Belli (Mezzo-soprano)
- Danilo Formaggia (Tenor)
- Stefano Rinaldi Miliani (Bass)
Requiem Selections from the works by
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Gabriel Fauré
- Giuseppe Verdi
Requiem by Narong Prangcharoen
– Mahidol University Choir (MU Choir)
– Catholic Bishops Conference Thailand Choir
– The Church of Christ in Thailand Choir
– Thailand Baptist Convention Choir
– Seventh-day Adventist Church ChoirThe Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Italian guest conductor Alfonso Scarano will be joined by guest opera singers including Sassaya Chavalit (Soprano), Martina Belli (Mezzo-soprano), Danilo Formaggia (Tenor) and Stefano Rinaldi Miliani (Bass), along with choirs led by MU Choir and Choirs from 5 Christian Organizations in Thailand.
This memorial “Requiem for the King Rama IX” concert will begin with the rituals of prayer before performances of requiem selections from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Gabriel Fauré, Giuseppe Verdi, and the premier of the Requiem composed by Narong Prangcharoen, the renowned Thai composer who has established an international reputation and is recognized as one of the Asia’s leading composers.The concert will be held September 30 and October 1, 2017, both at 4.00 p.m. at Prince Mahidol Hall.
Open to the public with no admission. Online register required for seat reservation, one person can only reserve one seat. (For those who have ticket reserved, please pick up your ticket at least 1 hour before the show starts. After 3 p.m. we reserve the right to give the ticket to those on the waiting list)
Reserve your ticket by register online at,
For Christian Organizations, reserve your ticket please contact Ms. Warintorn Hema, coordinator
More information please contact:
Public Relation, College of Music, Mahidol University
Tel. 02-800-2525 Ext. 3108
Prince Mahidol Hall
Home of the Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra. Take a virtual tour – wander through the foyer and the concert hall – Check out the view from the Conductor’s podium!
Salaya Link shuttle bus available
at BTS Bang Wa Station:
Copyright © *|2015-2016|* *Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra*, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is: