Nowhere [n.] /ˈnoʊwər/ or /ˈnaʊhɪə/ – A place where various flavours are crafted into delectable Eurasian cuisine: The best of European fare subtly blended with a touch of Asia. At Nowhere, apart from the delicious food, guests are “Now here” amidst minimalistic but breathtaking interior décor, providing a unique, curated dining and wining experience and a perfect socializing space and ambience for all diners and party goers.
NOWHERE – how it began
- According to Khun Virunpatch (“Prare”) Kasemsri Na Ayudhaya,, the founder of the restaurant : “Nowhere was established based on our wish to have a chill out rooftop bar that we can stop by every day. At present, most of the existing rooftops bars in Thailand cater for formal occasions where guests normally adhere to a formal dress code. We, on the other hand, were aiming for a place where guests can dress casually and hang out with friends on a regular basis whilst enjoying an EVERYDAY ROOFTOP ambience.“
- NOWHERE slogan: “You ain’t going nowhere but you are now here
Design and Architecture
- The masterpiece of Nowhere’s conceptual architecture and decor designed by Stu/D/O is none other than the ‘Stairs to Nowhere’ posing as a riddle stairway that will lead you to your own imaginary place and time. These stairs support the inspiration of 3 concepts : “If you have no-where to go , you can come here”; “You can’t find it elsewhere, but it is now here” and “The infinite journey to find THE place to hang out”.
- The stairs are not just for decoration but also functionally used as tables, chairs, shelves, and part of the bar.
- An abundance of plants with its fresh greenery decorates the Restaurant interior to enhance the relaxing and cozy atmosphere. The tastefully laid back wood furniture helps to soften the tone and mood of the strong design of the cement staircases.
- The table is well-functional with built-in ice cooler to keep bottles of wine and beer amazingly cold all night long, or even to chill the vegetables and your favorite seafood, to keep them fresh throughout the meal.
- Under the concept of Crafted/ Casual/ Curated, the best-selected ingredients and flavours from all over the world are crafted into delectable Eurasian cuisine – European food blended with a touch of Asian.
- Signature dishes include:
- Moo-Ping Pâté
Presenting one of Thailand’s favourite street foods in a French-style Pâté , served with English muffin.
- Watermelon Salad (with Katsuobushi flakes)
Historical Thai dish with a twist to the traditional recipe: Served nowhere else but only at NOWHERE…enjoy watermelon with a generous sprinkle of Katsuobushi flakes.
- Black Truffle with Special Cream Sauce Pasta
Especially created for vegetarians, this Pasta dish, made with Black Truffle direct from France, is served with a subtly concocted, tantalizing eggplant cream sauce.
- Harissa Pork Ribs
Another menu you can find nowhere else but only here at NOWHERE and representing the height of Eurasian cuisine: The ribs are thoroughly marinated in Harissa Sauce from Africa and served with the ever popular, spicy chili paste (Nam Prik Narok).
- NOWHERE serves a variety of “Craft Cocktails” scrupulously created for superb pairings with the exquisite dishes on the menu.
- When Snow Falls in NYC (Twisted from New York Sour)
Gin mixed with Green Apple and Rose Water.
- Mexicano di Florance (Twisted from Negroni)
The strong taste of the gentlemen combined with the spiciness of the Mexican chilli , perfect as an aperitif.
- Lost in The Forest
Taking us back to our childhood when we went to the local grocery for delicious Chrysanthemum Tea, fermented Chrysanthemum is mixed into the Vodka to create this nostalgic drink.
- NOWHERE’s “Tea Mocktails” present a perfect blend of ‘Hyrbes’ teas, which – again – you can find nowhere else but only here.
- Alice in the Garden
This non-caffeine, flower-flavoured drink transports you right to the middle of a garden exuding fragrances from Roses, Chamomile and Lavender. Served hot or cold.
- Garden of The Nightmare
Inspired by Sangria, here at NOWHERE, you can enjoy a non-caffeine version of this famous drink from Spain blended with black tea infused with fruit juice and fresh fruits culminating in a taste perfect enough to attain sweet dreams in the face of a nightmare.
Food Pairing Concept
- Every dish and drink served at NOWHERE are created with a perfect culinary match in mind:
- Julep of NOWHERE
This drink with the taste of Chorizo, “Flat-Washed” in Bourbon, perfectly matches with Shrimp & Chorizo Pasta. An absolute indulgence for Chorizo lovers.
- Mediterranean Sangria
Fiancé of Pumpkin Cheese Fondue or Cajun Salmon Steak with White Wine base to enhance the dish.
- Where Are You Tonight
With Amaretto and the Watermelon syrup sprinkled on top with Sumac, tied up the red string of fate with the Watermelon Salad.
Socializing Space Idea
- The Nowhere experience, apart from the unparalleled interior decor and the unique food concept, is enhanced by utilising the Restaurant as a perfect “socializing space” as added value for diners.
- Let us be the best answer to your every whim in life, whether you are seeking an ideal “party space” or indulge in your passion for music with entertainment by a talented DJ, we offer guests the “Sunset Society Party”, a monthly, weekend activity at Nowhere – for those who are seeking to network amongst like minds on a lazy Sunday afternoon where a simple BBQ menu; Wine or Beer Tasting and even food pairing activity, etc, are all on offer at Nowhere.
“You ain’t going nowhere but you are now here”
6th Floor , THA City Loft Hotel, Ekkamai Soi 6 (Next to BigC Supercenter Ekkamai)
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 17.00-24.00/ Sat-Sun 11.00-24.00
More Details: www.facebook.com/nowherebkk
Virunpatch Kasemsri Na Ayudhaya (“Prare”)
- A Bachelor Degree (2nd degree honors) graduate of the Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts, Dance Department (Western Dance major), Chulalongkorn University.
- Master degree in MA Physical Theatre Performance from Royal Holloway University of London
- Worked as a ‘stage manager’, ‘international coordinator’ and ‘producer’ for “Exact Co.,Ltd.” and “Scenario Co., Ltd.” , including major showbiz and TV programme on ONE HD channel, as well as the world’s renowned Musical Broadway ‘Phantom of the Opera’ and ‘Beauty and The Beast’
- Khun Prare grew up in a family of food lovers. She had first hand experience with her mother’s culinary skills and talent in cooking various types of foods. While studying in the UK, Khun Prare had a chance to practice her cooking skills which also exposed her to tasting a wide variety of foods cooked from various types of ingredients from around the world
- Co-founder of the Thai restaurant “Kram Café and Thai Kitchen” at Sukhumvit 39
- Nowhere Restaurant in Bangkok is the result of her past experiences and passion for the food industry, as well as her inspiration to harmonically blend different cultures culminating in the Eurasian cuisine concept of Nowhere.
Nowhere Soi 6 Ekkamai
We recently dined at a hip new restaurant in Ekkamai opposite the Big C car park.
The restaurant is located on the 6th floor of The City Loft Hotel 50 metres into Soi 6 and despite being hidden away and a little difficult to find is well worth the search when you arrive. Descend 3 steps from the street at the front of the hotel walk along the frontage and you descend in a private lift and along a grey industrial corridor to a warm welcome.
Bare concrete steps dominate the centre of the room but just as a design – they do not lead anywhere but give it an interesting centre point. Wooden flooring and simple tables and decor this speakeasy let’s it’s food and drink do the talking. Floor to ceiling windows, a well stocked bar and a terrace outside allow for sunset gazing and cinematic experiences on fine evenings.
We were met with their signature drink – Amaretto with watermelon syrup and sumac spice 350B which was paired with the Watermelon Salad 210B.
Followed by Moo-Ping Pate Thai street food – French style served with English muffins 350B.
Shrimp and Chorizo pasta served with Mediterranean Sangria: Sauvignon Blanc and Tanqueray Gin with fruits)
The main course was Hoisin beef 975B so good I asked to take what I had left home in a doggy bag …
Finished off with apple crisp (baked apple with cream cheese and oats crumble filling, served with vanilla sauce and salted caramel ice cream – twisted apple crumble) 229B.
6th floor of The City Loft Hotel, Ekkamai Soi 6 call 094 516 6663/099 394 4417 to book
· “Watermelon Salad” (Tossed watermelon wedges served with fresh baby spinach, topped with Feta cheese and Bonito flakes, and seasoned with Sumac Vinaigrette to convey the umami flavour)
Neo Target Co., Ltd.